At the entrance
A view of the train/monorail station from inside the gates
A view of the main entrance and ticket turnstiles from the upper level of the train station.
The ceiling of the train/monorail station.
Inside the station heading out.
I really thought that the monorail station was very pretty.
The station had a mickey clock on it :)
The Walt and Mickey statue in front of the castle.
The grassy area in front of the castle was decorated with all these pretty statues from the Cinderella story.
This was the only castle I have seen that has seating in the courtyard in front of the castle. Probably because the shows with the Japanese are so popular, and because the benches are in no danger due to the people's respect for the property.
One of the views from the castle.
It's a Small World
Another view from the castle with a topiary dragon or sea serpent.
The entrance into Toon town. With the japanese being so obsessed with the Disney cartoon characters, this place was pretty busy by the time I wandered into it. I took a few pictures, but it was not much different than the America versions....
Some shots from Westernland....
The width of the main streets/walkways were enormous! Kind of tells ya how busy this place can get!!
Oh my, the Japanese fashions....I was so amused with this on our entire stay. But these knee socks with shorts and colorful backpack took the cake. Combinations like this was very very common...especially here in Disneyland with all of the young adults and kids.
The things that the Japanese line up for!!! This huge line was for a little woodburning shop. The kind that customizes your name burned on wood....The picture does not do it justice, but the line was huge...it had the little wrap around line lanes and everything. It looked like about a 2 hour wait....
Another thing that they all seemed to line up for was these popcorn stands with the flavored popcorn. They had collectible buckets that you can get for the popcorn with or without straps attached. Everyone seemed to have one or several. The longest lines was the Winnie the Pooh bucket with honey popcorn, and the princess bucket with strawberry popcorn. Another one was soda popcorn in a Buzz lightyear bucket, but I never went over there. Some of the flavors of popcorn:Salt water
cappachino
coffee
Strawberry
chocolate
honey
pepper
One of the most popular rides was the Winnie the Pooh ride, and I can see why. It was the best Winnie the pooh ride ever. It puts the normal kiddie dark rides to shame! It has this new technology where the cars do not run on tracks....it was really fun.
The Tiki room in Adventureland
In the Haunted Mansion, they had a few seperate rooms to accomodate the lines that accrue in the busier times.
The Haunted Mansion
A pretty view of the castle.
2 comments:
I was suprised when all of the pictures you took no one was around. It seemed pretty empty. Please explain.
hmmm I do not know whether to chalk that up to good picture taking talent, or just lucky timing. It was probably the slowest time of the year the parks ever have, but it still seemed pretty busy to me. It always pays to go early...seemed to get more busy as the day went on, and I had usually had enough by 1 or 2pm
Post a Comment