Friday, February 24, 2006

More pics of Tokyo DisneySea


Jared and I in the Mira Costa lobby on our last day.... The view from our hotel room overlooking the main entrance of Disney Sea park.
Some more of our room....


The main walkway to get to transportation (monorail).
A view of the side of the hotel from the monorail walkway. From all sides, this hotel was very detailed and beautiful.
The fountain at the front of the Hotel Mira Costa.
The picture above is one of the most amazing pictures to me...I was walking over to the monorail at 7:30 in the morning to go to Disneyland park, and as you walk past, you can see the main turnstiles into DisneySea park. I thought I liked being early at the gates, but this is ridiculous! The park opened at 10, and the lines were already backing up this long at 7:30 in the morning. I could not believe it! I knew if it was backed up this bad at Disney Sea, then how bad would it be at Disneyland where I was heading only an hour before opening????
The people in Japan line up for the concession stands almost as long as the lines for the rides. This Gyoza Sausage Bun cart was always super busy and super long--but it went fairly quick. I had to give one a try, but I did not like it much at all. There were also super long lines at the popcorn carts, (they had special keepsake buckets they came in, and the popcorn was in different flavors depending which cart you were at.) and the coin presses??!!! It was funny to see things there that had super long lines, that never have lines here in the USA parks.
They are building a Tower of Terror set to open in September of 2006. It looks about done, and WAY more elaborate on the outside than its American predicessors. I wonder how detailed the inside will be??
This land was one of Jared's favorites, and also had his favorite ride, "Journey To The Center Of The Earth" This whole land, or port as it is referred to (Mysterious Island) was based on the works of Jules Verne. Very impressive to science fiction fans! I loved the "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" ride, which is NOTHING like the Disneyland/WDW ancestor.



One of my favorite movies as a child was The Rescuers. I was delighted to see Bernard and Bianca. (Never seen in the American parks.) I almost got a picture with them together, but they wander around seperately and I missed them. They had characters here that I have never seen before....

No comments: