Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Sea day and around the ship:

Some shots around the ship:




My russian Faberge eggs. I fell in love with these! I visited them in the shop almost every day. I was debating on buying the rosebud egg (red smaller one, top shelf in the center) or the russian nesting doll. I ended up making the smart, but hard decision to save the money and not buy either....just too expensive.
I wanted the red one in the center above. The other, bigger ones, costed thousands of dollars!
You can see some of the treasures that come inside the eggs right by them on display. I went to the lecture on the Faberge eggs, and the Faberge story and the tsars using them as gifts is very interesting.

I was going to buy this russian Matrioshka nesting doll. It was the most detailed and beautiful one to me. It told the story of training the Russian troika horses.
Ship's theater. I liked it MUCH better than Disney's!! Let's hope the new bigger ships have ones like this one.




(above) A closer look at where our room was. The hall goes off right to the right of the sign International Cafe. Our door was only about 4 doors down...very convenient to everything, especially the doughnuts at the cafe every morning!



Usually the seating area is pretty packed, but not at 4 am!
The Horizon court. They call it a 24 hour buffet, but it really isn't. It is closed at night for a few hours.
A view looking down from the lobby/atrium
A farther shot of where our room was. The hall led off from where it says International Cafe in the back. We loved being next to it, and right on the main decks where everything was.
Our room on the Plaza Deck, #330
Teeny tiny bathroom, and no tubs in most of the rooms.
I really liked their interior rooms, it was perfect for the two of us!

Hayley crashing as soon as we get to the room....we had a long day....

No comments: