Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Copenhagen, Denmark

Hayley and the Little Mermaid statue. We took this on the way home.
At the main central train station


Walking to the hotel, we passed rows and rows of bikes in these bike lots that people ride around the city everywhere. They definitely utilize bikes, but the city is so flat, it makes for a great way of getting around. I wish that I had a bike while I was there, it looked like fun!

I promised Christina that I would take pics of the Marriott hotel and our room. We were very lucky to have been upgraded to an executive level room with free breakfast, internet and a canal view room. We really loved this hotel and got a great rate! Thanks Christina!


One of the main intersections in town.

A typical street...notice all of the bikes

The colorful buildings and boats of Nyhavn.


The main royal palace. The Marble church can be seen in the background.
The Marble Church

In front of Tivoli Gardens, their amusement park with shopping and restaraunts. It opened too late for us that day.

Hayley with a statue dedicated to their writer, Hans Christian Anderson.

Another pretty, typical street.

Rosenborg Palace. We took a tour through this palace, and went to the musem where the Danish crown jewels were kept. My camera was out of batteries, but I will try and load some when I upload Hayley's camera's pictures. They were absolutely beautiful!

No comments: