Wish I had pictures for this one, but I don't....my cell phone was out of batteries.
I was involved in an accident last night, a quite bizarre one.
I was on our famous Eagle road during rush hour (going home) traffic almost stopped at the red light between the hospital and Franklin intersection. There were cars in front (about 15-20) and behind me, also to the left of me (I was in the right hand lane). I was just about to stop when **BAM** I hit my head on the driver's side window.... dazed, I quickly looked up to notice the bottom of a car fly past me. I was barely able to make it off the side of the road (cachug, cachug) then notice a car flipped upside down on it's roof about 50-yards in front of me in the turn lane....
Amazingly no one was hurt, not even the crazy lady who was helped out of her upside-down car. I got the brunt of the hit, the back-side (not the rear) of my car is smashed in, and my back axle is totally bent. She appears to have hit my driver's side tire at a slight angle and catapulted into the air.
From the witnesses, it appears that she came barreling down the center of our two lanes (Guess she though there were 3 lanes instead of 2, going 50+ miles per hour and didn't quite make it past me. It was quite odd how fast she was going when there was a red light in front of me, and everyone else on the road was nearly stopped. The only other person to get damaged by her grace was another car whose right mirror got ripped off by the upside-down car sliding past her.
In the end she was charged with reckless driving (license revoked) until she could get examined by a doctor to be found sane (medically able to drive). She was Michelle and Dan's age.
Now we are down to 1 car (the suburban). I don't know what they plan to do with our mangled car since it was mostly worth nothing....looks like we will be shopping for another junker as the damage was sure to be much higher than the cost of my poor Plymouth Breeze. And we cannot afford another car payment right now....:(
At least I am in one piece...Oh my Back, oh my Neck!!!
3 comments:
Do you read me now?
So your next car needs to have curtain side impact bags to avoid that head through the side window affect. Glad you are alright, it could have been very bad. Might want to update your life insurance, haha. Your insurance should provide you with a free loaner. You may want to seriously consider a lawyer... just in case.
Well thank goodness our insurance is the same as the lady's that did it, so they have been pretty good to us. We did get a rental car, but since the damage was more than the car was worth, (haha) we had to total it out and buy another car with that money for Jared to get to and from work. It just needs to last us 2 years and then we were going to get him a snazzy new car anyways.
Post a Comment