Monday, January 02, 2006

Transformation of a pool room..by Jared Adams.

What an ugly empty room...and what is that funny looking light hanging there?? It doesn't look much higher than the top of Courtney's head.

Well, that was Dad's old home away from home Boise bedroom. We decided it wasn't good enough for him, so we decided to transform it into a pool room. It's always been Jared's life-long dream to quit his job and work as a full-time pool shark. And now, he is just a few years away from his dream come true.








Dad was a little upset we were trashing his room with a stupid pool table, so we decided to upgrade him to a more luxurious, very functional suite. So we kicked Chase out of his bedroom and with hours of labor and love created his masterpiece. The room is a spacious 11X11 in size for that feeling of warmth and intimacy. Notice that the slanted ceiling gives it a nice "lofty" appeal. We've added exercise equipment to keep Dad in shape, and a fold-away Queen-sized bed. Other amenities include a build-your own train-set (We know how Dad loves trains), and other fun toys at just an arms-reach away. (See picture below).





Our new Pool table was just installed, it is made of Rodesian Teak which is supposed to be indesctructible. I have a hard time believing that especially with our kids. The light just above the table is made of Tiffany-style, piece-work glass. Tyler has already said he hates the light because I warn the kids (and Michelle) every 5 seconds "You break it you work to pay for it!"
I count 10-close calls every game. But Michelle thinks I am overly paranoid....we shall see.

I know the pool room just doesn't look as nice as it did with Mom and Dad's bed in it, but we just HAD to give Dad the better room!! :)

Mom, Dad, you feel like painting again? Do you need something to do while we are gone? I hear February is a great painting month??

No comments: