These pictures are really really hard to post, but I wanted to remember her and have some pictures up with the kids. This was on her last day, February 12, 2010. Taking her in was one of the hardest things I've had to do. But even in these pictures, anyone can see how lethargic and down her face is. She was so swollen up from the fluid in her stomache that she could barely lay down and couldn't even lift her tail to go to the bathroom. She was moving slower and slower, would barely wag her tail, and hardly eat. She wouldn't look at us, and could hardly hold up her head. Her whine that she always did for affection turned into a low groan and she never barked. The swelling went down into her legs and they were all swollen up too..... It was time. :*(
She loved the kids so much, but I hope that she is happier now. I didn't realize how much I took her for granted until she was gone. We love you, Fly! You were the best dog ever and we will miss you!
1 comment:
Ohhhh, so sad. We will miss her too. She was the nice one that did not jump on the kids and scare them. She is a sweetie and I am sorry you had to all go through that hard and sad time.
Post a Comment