Saturday, August 23, 2008

Panama Cruise---August 17 - September 1, 2008

August 17: Embarkation and August 18: Sea Day:
Some of these pictures may be out of order since blogger posts the pictures in a weird way. I tried to categorize them by day as best I could.

Courtney enjoying her birthday cake.
Courtney's birthday on embarkation day, August 17. They brought her a very good but very rich chocolate cake for her her birthday and sang to her.
Hayley and Tyler looked thrilled to be at dinner, don't they? Actually they are just excited to be done with dinner so they can get out of their formal clothes.
Chase lost his first tooth! I was not able to flip this picture around before I posted it, but I think its big enough to see. He was very proud that his tooth came out on its own. Here is his first hole in his mouth.
Courtney and Chase with Mickey and Minnie in their formal wear. These are for the Golden Mickeys Show, one of our favorites!
Some Embarkation pics at the LA Terminal:

All our luggage..... The porters here were very patient and helpful.
Hurrying across the street to get into the terminal. I was suprised at all of the people that were already there....dang repeat cruisers that know what they are doing. Good thing I booked a room at the Disneyland hotel the night before so we could have priority boarding.
Out of 2700 people on our sold out cruise, over 2000 were repeat Disney cruisers.
The shuttle we took (Primetime Shuttle) was excellent. On time, quick and helpful. He grabbed a porter for us, and dropped us off at the shuttle drop off spot that was across the street from the terminal entrance. We were pier #93

On-board and some sail away pics:
Watching the sailaway party on deck 10.

Hayley, Chase and Jared watching the sailaway party. We made sure to get up there early this time so we could get the best viewing spots.
Above, is the girls' stateroom #6047 (inside category 11). Below, is our stateroom---Michelle, Jared, Chase and Tyler #6046 (verandah category 6). We had done the staterooms right across the hall on our first cruise, and it worked out again really well this time too. We were able to have a balcony, but did not have to pay for 2. The girls enjoyed having their own room.

Overall, we really enjoyed this cruise and had a great time together. DCL had great entertainment and things to do for the 15 days, both for the kids and for us adults...so much that I still have not had a chance to do everything I wanted to. We were also really lucky to celebrate 2 birthdays on this cruise (we have never vacationed in the summer before so have never celebrated our birthdays on a trip. It was really fun and special for us to do this.)

I would rate the overall cruise an A
Service: A
Excursions and ports of call all averaged in: B (None of us really enjoyed the Mexican riviera ports much....Cabo and Aruba being the favorites.)

No comments: