Saturday, June 09, 2007

Back from Barcelona

More Med cruise pictures coming. All of the pictures from the beginning part of the trip is on a different computer. I will post them in this post, they will be out of order, but oh well. The following pictures are of the last few days when we arrived in Barcelona, Spain. So I am posting the ending, and will update the beginning later. LOL
Now THIS was an interesting performer along Las Ramblas (Barcelona). The whole walkway was lined with them, but this one was one of the most interesting to me. He would snip at you with his scissor hands if someone got too close...made them jump!
There were some pretty strange, creative, talented and sometimes WEIRD performers along there.


Our room in Barcelona at the Renaissance Inn next to the airport. Chase must have been moving because he is pretty blurry.
These next pictures are out of order, but I had some other Barcelona pics I wanted to put in this post. Chase is sad to be getting off of the Mickey boat in Barcelona. He was not a happy camper.

Awww so cute!
After getting in from Barcelona, we were able to stop over in New York and see Dan, Heather and family. It was just overnight and part of the next day, so it wasn't even long enough. :(
I am glad we were able to see their house and where they lived though! We had never met Aubree before!

There was some great food!


The newest show, and we were the first to see it. Great shows for families!

A cute towel animal monkey was left with Chase's monkey we got in Gibraltar.


We also went to Gaudi's Park Guell (pronounced WAY). The columns seen up above, none of them are straight ...on purpose. It was a very pretty and interesting park.

La Sagrada de Familia in Barcelona...a look at the new parts being adding onto the old. You can see a stark difference!

This is usually how we found the Mickey pool....empty! We had to get Chase and have him have one last swim when we saw the fountains going. This is our 3rd DCL cruise and we have never seen them on before. He had a great time, and there was another little boy in, but when he got out, Chase got out soon too.
Look how happy he is!! :)

Our servers Sachin from India and dang, I forgot her name! She is from Europe, but I forgot where. :(

They were nice enough to celebrate Chase's 5th birthday even though it was not until a few weeks later!

We have not updated our blog in so long! From November until now, its pretty much been a big blur, so we will try and post some pictures, and try to keep more current.

Probably most of you know we just got back from our transatlantic cruise to Spain a few weeks ago. Our oldest 3 kids had to stay home due to not being able to miss 2 and a half weeks of school (especially at the end of the year), and they were really looking forward to a vacation away from Chase (who we took with us).

The cruise itself was wonderful---very few and minor complaints....great service, great place for a family, great kids clubs. In fact, there were only about 4 nights out of 14 that Chase even had dinner with us. He loved playing in the Oceaneer Lab. We had alot of time to ourselves.

The ports of call were really good too. We stopped at:

Castaway Cay--on Mother's Day, can't get a better Mother's Day for me than that!
Tenerife (Canary Islands), Spain
Cadiz, Spain
Gibraltar, UK (even though it is technically in the country of Spain)
ending in Barcelona, Spain

I liked Cadiz and Gibraltar the best, mostly because of the excursions we went on in those cities.
As for Spain in general, I was not really that impressed. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, and there were some beautiful cities, but I guess I like cities that have more famous sites to go to. I felt myself wishing that I were in other countries again. I guess I felt it lacked a little something, but I cannot put my finger on what. Maybe I just did not get access to more history about the cities so I did not know much about them.

We stayed a day after in Barcelona, and I was wishing the whole time that we were just heading home instead. We walked around the city, and walked down Las Ramblas, but I just was not finding much that interested me (we had gone on a city tour and had seen the Sagrada de Familia and the Park Guell the day before)....We were also pretty tired and were ready to get back the the kids.

So I would rate the cruise an A!
Excursions a B+ (all averaged in)
flights a B+

I will post pictures soon.

1 comment:

Leif and Julie Bjarnson said...

Looks like you had a blast on your cruise - we need to take our family on one of those some day. Hope you're all doing well!!